Tuesday, April 21, 2015

AWESOMELY AMAZING!!

Just noticed I have almost 3,000 views since I started the Kimball HS Library blog. Thanks so much for dropping by once or twice. Wish I could have posted something every day like I did in the beginning, but after getting everything moved when the new carpet was installed, with the help of about 5 students who did 90% of the work, it's taken a while to get things back in order. If you ever want to see what we have in our collection, take a look at www.library.dallasisd.org and select Kimball under High Schools. Although I have hours of weeding to do in the Nonfiction section, I'm really happy with the range of materials available in the library for all of our readers; books for research papers and assignments, comics, manga, urban lit, movie tie-ins, all kinds of series lit, B & N favorites, as well as my favorite classic selections in English and Spanish, and the reading lists from Ivy League schools. We get a lot of input from our most voracious readers and they are wonderful to see almost, if not, every day. I've been thinking about some of the first students I met when arriving here: Armando (the first), Kitty, Shanise, Shay, Lon'Tavion, Maria, Letiticia, and Karen. I miss you guys like crazy, especially that little light of mine, KV!! Armando and some of the others have graduated from college by now, and Lon'Tavion dropped by last month to catch us up - he is now learning to drive a TANK. I wonder how long public librarians get to see their favorite patrons...

No comments:

Post a Comment